Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Town of Purcellville Independence Day Parade
Old Dominion Corvette Club will be attending the 2021 Town of Purcellville Independence Day Parade on Saturday, July 3, 2021. We are limited to 15 vehicles for this parade, so you must register using the “Register Now” button on the top right of this page. Only one registration per Corvette is required. Corvette owners participating with ODCCare expected to decorate their Corvettes commensurate with the holiday.
Our ODCC rally point for this event is Loudoun Valley High School, 340 Maple Avenue, Purcellville, VA. We will meet in the parking lot on the left side of the high school at 9:30 AM, with a prompt departure and cruise to Blue Ridge Middle School at 9:45 AM to stage for the parade and decorate our Corvettes. The parade starts at noon, but we must be staged by 10:00AM to participate.
If we can get enough volunteers willing to walk (about one mile), we will distribute our ODCC Trading Cards to parade viewers. Please register as "ODCC Member/Passenger who will distribute cards" if you have a passenger who is willing to walk.
All participants are responsible for obeying the following guidelines:
- The distribution of candy/materials/goodies are permitted, however they must be handed out along the parade route. Candy and goodies may not be thrown or distributed from vehicles or floats.
- For the safety of children, spectators and equestrians, tossing and throwing of candy is strictly prohibited.
- All participants operating a motorized vehicle must be licensed and age 18 or older.
- All units must keep moving in the line of march, at a walking speed of three miles an hour, at all times. Units that intentionally stop or cause delay will be banned from entry in the parade the following year.
- Parade participant drivers must obey the instructions of parade officials, volunteers, and emergency personnel at all times and be prepared to stop at any time to allow other entries to enter the parade.
- Parade participant drivers must follow police direction.
- Each unit is responsible for keeping their designated line-up area clean and will need to bring trash bags to clean up any mess resulting from staging preparations.
After the parade we will caravan to Smokin’ Willy’s BBQ in Purcellville for lunch.
Saturday, July 3, 2021, 9:30 AM until 2:00 PM
To slow the spread of COVID-19 please do not attend if you are not feeling well, wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated and wash your hands frequently.